Sunday, September 03, 2006

Insane Week

Just thought I would post a few more comments about my week...

It has been insane. Zarina and I bought new computers, I finished my Thunderfury, and received three new tanking items!

Some links to all my new items:

Thunderfury

Breastplate of Wrath

Legplates of Wrath

Styleen's Impeding Scarab

As for our computers, talk about a serious upgrade. I knew our computers were outdated, but was far worse than I thought. Our old computers had not been upgraded for 3-4 years. Zarina was playing on an old AMD 1.4Ghz with a GeForce 3 and I had an Intel P4 2.4Ghz with a GeForce FX...

Simply put, playing on the new hardware is like experiencing the game all over again. Seeing your opponents half way across the BG is just crazy. In Orgrimmar I would get 20 FPS if I turned down most of the settings to low and there were not too many people around. Now, we both get 60 FPS all the time and let me tell you...it is nice.

We bought the exact same hardware for each computer so neither of us would be jealous of the other. So, the new specs:

ASUS P5W DH Deluxe
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz)
ATI Radeon X1900 XT
2 GB Corsair DDR2 800
2x 320GB Segate Barracuda 7200.10 SATA 3Gb/s

I configured the hard drives using the onboard Intel matrix raid controller. So, we have a 100GB RAID 1 partition and a 400GB RAID 0 partition.

I also bought Oblivion, mainly just to see how our hardware would handle it and what all the hype was about...damn that game has amazing graphics...and our computers perform flawlessly.


No comments: