Sunday, September 03, 2006

Thunderfury!

Well, now that everything has settled down a bit after the disband, I finally managed to complete my Thunderfury quest with the help of my old friends and the new guild I joined.

The quest line is quite trivial, but the materials you have to collect are a serious pain. I have probably had the two bindings for 2-3 months now and have been held up by two things. First, Continuum was not running BWL at the time, so no elementium ore. Second, 100 freaking arcanite! It takes a long long time to buy, farm, and transmute that many arcane crystals.

Overall, Zarina and I probably spent around 2000 gold in mats and I also had many many crystals donated from friends. With each arcane crystal costing 30g, it adds up fast.

Arcane crystals: 30g x 100 = 3000g
Elemental Flux: 12g x 30 = 360g

So, the out of pocket expense to make one of these weapons is probably around 3.5k!

As for the weapon itself...GODLY for a tank. The debuff is amazing, the aggro generated is unparalled to any weapon I have ever used. For example, just today I was three manning live Stratholme for orbs and kept aggro on the large undead packs with just the proc on everything except my target. In raiding situations, the 20% attack speed reduction should be quite an asset, I have not had much of chance to test this out yet.

So, a big thanks to anyone that helped me obtain this weapon. It was a lot of work and I could not have done it without lots of people.

Here are a bunch of screenshots from the Thunderaan event. He is a joke to kill btw.

No comments: